Above, MacMillan Hunting Modern tartan. See more about Clan MacMillan tartan.
The compiling of all the information on this website is financed by voluntary donations from Clan Societies and Branches around the world, along with the subscriptions and donations of the members of Clan MacMillan International. Please encourage your cousins and other clanspeople to join and donate.
The benefits of joining Clan MacMillan International (CMI).
Help support the work of the Clan Centre, and at the same time keep in touch with Chief George MacMillan of MacMillan and Knap at Finlaystone, and your cousins in the rest of the world, by becoming a member of Clan MacMillan International Centre.
CMI members receive:
1. One issue of the CMI Magazine and one issue of the CMI Newsletter per year. This is delivered either as a printed copy by post or a digital version as a PDF delivered online.
2. Access to the members-only section of the CMI website including:
- A guide to genealogy research, an in-depth guide to researching your M'Millan roots.
- A page titled "Evolution of Clan MacMillan septs" exploring the historical background of Clan septs and pages specific to each of these septs and their histories and spelling variants.
- More in-depth history of Clan MacMillan including individual pages about the histories of Clan MacMillan homelands including Galloway, Glenurquhart, the Hebrides, Kintyre, Knapdale, Lochaber and Ulster.
- Prominent MacMillans in history.
- Access to Project MAOL, the Clan MacMillan genealogical database.
- See a complete list of pages in the members' section of this website in the right-hand column of the site index.
3. A 25% discount on the cost of family history enquiries and private research by the Clan genealogist Graeme M. Mackenzie, MA, ( Graeme doesn't charge members for answering simple family history enquiries.)
4. A welcome (with free access except on rare charity days) to the Clan MacMillan at Finlaystone, with or without prior appointment. ( Note: those visiting the estate primarily for recreation should expect to pay for entrance).
How to join.
To become a member simply download the PDF form, print, fill in, and mail the form and a cheque with the appropriate subscription, to:
Clan MacMillan International Centre, Finlaystone, Langbank, PA14 6TJ, Scotland.
Join using PayPal.
Click the button at right to use your PayPal account to join Clan MacMillan International. Dues per person are £15 for those who wish to receive electronic newsletters and £20 for those wishing to receive printed newsletters by post. The fee in other currencies will be charged at the corresponding current exchange rate.
The same fees (digital newsletter or printed/posted) apply to returning members. Enter your member number at right. If you've forgotten it just email and it will be emailed to you.
Contribute to Clan MacMillan International.
We invite you to contribute to CMI as you join or renew your membership subscription. Add a contribution to your membership using PayPal at right under "Voluntary Donation".
Members are welcome to become involved in Project MAOL.
Though it is not obligatory, we invite members to send us basic details about your M'millan connection and ancestry for our Project MAOL archives - which may allow us in due course to take your line back further, and/or connect you with cousins in other branches of the clan. Members are also welcome to include donations to the Project MAOL Appeal Fund with their subscriptions - to be detailed in the appropriate places on the Membership Application Form. See an Introduction to Project MAOL.